My practice covers a range of mediums but predominantly relies on drawing as a basis for processing ideas and therefore a foundation to my work. I am interested in visualising subjective experiences and stimulating reactions within audiences.
Much of my self initiated work is heavily inspired by the incongruous which I incorporate back into my commissioned work.
Atlantic Records, House of Anxiety, Beatnik Creative, Opal Tapes, Project 13, Famous Friends Records, Always Human Tapes
University of Brighton, BA (Hons) Illustration, 1st Class
© Joe McCrae 2017
- Bright Young Things (Group Exhibition) curated by Dutch Uncle (2017)
- Loose London (Group exhibition) London (2016)
- Brighton Show 16 (Graphic Design & Illustration Graduate exhibition) London (2016)
- Brighton University Graduate Degree Show Brighton (2016)
- 'Special Blend' (curated by Art of Matter) London
- 'Contemporary Life’ (Tsinghua University) Beijing (2015)
- 'Art is for Everyone' (curated by Oliver Dickson) Brighton (2015)
- 'Homework Club' (collective exhibition) Brighton (2014)
- 'Homework Club' pop-up shop (collective exhibition) Brighton (2014)